You can make safe your computer from getting infected by a virus by using following 7 ways:
- Install latest anti-virus program on the computer. You should periodically update anti-virus programs. Because older versions of anti-virus programs may not detect the new viruses.
- You should minimize the data transfer between computers through the use of floppy disks and other removable storage media.
- The removable storage media such as USB drive or floppy disk should be scanned for viruses before use.
- Never open an e-mail received from unknown persons.
- While using the Internet, do not download freeware and shareware program without first checking it for virus.
- Pirated software should not be installed on computer. Always use licensed software.
- You should always keep backup of your data. The backup will be useful if a virus deletes your data or modifies it.