The main difference between hardware and software are as follows:
- Physical parts of the computer are called hardware.
- You can touch, see and feel hardware.
- Hardware is constructed using physical materials or components.
- Computer is hardware, which operates under the control of a software.
- If hardware is damaged, it is replaced with new one.
- Hardware is not affected by computer viruses.
- Hardware cannot be transferred from one place to another electronically through network.
- User cannot make new duplicate copies of the hardware.
- A set of instructions given to the computer is called software.
- You cannot touch and feel software.
- Software is developed by writing instructions in programming language.
- The operations of computer are controlled through software.
- If software is damaged or corrupted, its backup copy can be reinstalled.
- Software is affected by computer viruses.
- Software can be transferred from one lace to another electronically through network.
- User can make many new duplicate copies of the software.